Today I am honored to be the “Blogger Babe” or featured over at The Blogger Collective so check it out here if you have some time and get to know me a bit. Thanks! I just love the Blogger Collective blog and check it out periodically as I learn a lot of tips on blogging as well as meet new bloggers. I hope you will check them out and join. Each month the Blogger Collective hosts a challenge for its bloggers and last month the challenge was to revisit blog goals for the my blog. Well, obviously I didn’t do that but today I am catching up and revisiting my original goals for the blog from this past December. Thank you very much! Better late than never and it is definitely needed to run a successful blog.
Here is the post I had shared listing goals I had set for the blog that I compiled at the end of December.
I am proud to say I met everyone of these goals in some form or fashion. I had listed goals on creating better content, sharing my faith more, learning my camera and being more creative with images as well as how I wanted to improve my followership on social media and collaborate more with brands and bloggers.
Here is a run down of what did happen:
- I gained my 1,000 + followers on Instagram that I wished for and now have 1,665 (changes daily).
- I gained well above and beyond my bloglovin follower count and where I originally counted on ending 2015 with 500 followers I estimate now leaving with 1,000 and I have the faith that I will do it as I am so close.
- I am collaborating with bloggers for my weekly Tuesday link up called “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” (you can link up to yesterdays here) as I am seeking co-hosts each week.
- I am collaborating with brands or bloggers with little businesses like mad these days and LOVE IT!
- I created an editoral calendar and because there is so much collaboration going on, and a weekly and monthly link up going on I have had to post everyday of the week just to fill in the slots while still having days of original content.
I feel these goals deserve a nice Trenta iced coffee from Starbucks today for myself in celebrating the growth that has come with this blog and I know it will only grow more with each day. Thank you so much for sticking around and reading my blog, it is all because of you my reader and follower!!! Give yourself a pat in the back.
Now on to my new goals for the blog:
- To be more consistent with sharing my posts and brand with the world and social media and I have some mini goals for each social media site. Check these out below.
- Instagram- Post more often (like once a day if I can versus twice a week). Be more interactive, be apart of several more loop giveaways and get 5,000 followers by summers end. (not even close but I met my winter goal and hit near 2,000 recently). You can follow my Instagram account here.
- Twitter- Be apart of more twitter chats or communities with other bloggers, any recommendations? Oh and to grow my follower count to 300 would be cool too. Please follow me on Twitter here.
- Facebook & Pinterest- To post more often (like each post as I am far behind). Oh and also grow my followings in these areas and find others to follow. Facebook here & Pinterest here.
- Bloglovin- I need 377 more followers til I hit my 1,000 follower mark on bloglovin and by the end of the year I hope to meet that for sure. You can follow me here.
Many of you may think it is a bit selfish of me to put down the numbers but I also read that to set goals you sometimes have to put down expecations but of course we all know it is ok not to meet them when we want too or beat ourselves up about it but that it would be cool if we did. Also with goals there comes the acknowledgements of good and bad days and weeks and just to try to stick to them as much as possible.
I can’t wait to update you several months from now to see what all got met or didn’t. Thank you The Blogger Collective for this challenge and for featuring me today.
What are some of your goals?