Last Monday my family and I attended my cousins home for a swimming and food filled day. I LOVED every moment of it! As I mentioned in this post I have only recently begun to feel more confident in swimsuits especially since I found a tankini top that I love. Here I style that same tankini top and bottoms underneath an oversized fringe lined tee, but whats more is what I am also wearing that enhances the summer glow, a body bronzer.
Meet Younique Beachfront Body Bronzer in Sunset shade.
This Younique Beachfront Body Bronzer in Sunset shade was given to me from my Younique consultant, Rebekah, to try and share with you. This lotion is almost like an instant sun kiss in a bottle and it comes in different shades, but mine is Sunset.
When I was given this product I was both excited and apprehensive as I had a horrible experience with self tanning or bronzer type products when I was in middle school. Now, thanks to the internet, Youtube and my consultant Rebekah I know a few tricks and tips and I want to share these with you. But before I share these tips, I want to share a before and after photo of me in a swimsuit first and then answer some of the questions on how I applied the bronzer and what it has done for me.
Before: Very white (from this post).
After: A bit more “bronzy”
As you can tell from the “After” photo above I do have a bit more “bronze” or “sun kiss” to my shoulders and face but somehow the lighting wasn’t that well and you can’t tell that the bronzer is actually on my arms and legs as well so I applied a photo below of my second time applying bronzer before a night at church in casual clothes so you can see the glow and difference in my now bronzed skin/beach look:
Tips Before Applying the Younique Beachfront Body Bronzer:
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry and that you have shaved before applying. It is even suggested that you exfoliate before applying but DO not put on other creams, oils or sunscreens as this was something I researched before going to the pool and I read or saw often that sunscreen should NOT be applied before the bronzer application. (This product does not contain sunscreen so be cautious in the sun).
- Apply the bronzer with either gloves or with hands and apply bronzer fairly. Start with a body part (such as arm) and rub a small amount on but not too much and rub into the arm/wrist/shoulder, but don’t overrub. Then wash hands and then apply to the other arm, wash hands, apply to leg, wash hands…you get the picture. The point to washing your hands if you are using your bare hands is simply so you don’t get the pigment seeping through your palms through longer use. To avoid this step use gloves (doctors office gloves work as well).
- After you have applied the bronzer wait about 10 minutes before putting on clothing or accessories as to allow the bronzer to set in your skin and so some doesn’t rub into your clothes.
- Soap and water will take it off, so try not to shower immediately after applying, but enjoy your sun kissed skin for a day.
What I did that I will remember next time:
- Don’t apply an hour before swimming in a pool. YES I did this my first time around as I wanted a bronze/tanned effect but I felt like the shimmery look faded after swimming even though there was still a hint of bronze. Just as I said above about the “no shower” rule the day of applying, this applies to pools or any body of water as it doesn’t have the same glow afterwards.
Getting the Best from Applying Tips:
- Apply in natural light. Meaning, apply next to an open window or outdoors so that you can see how it is working and if you are applying evenly. Can you imagine applying Bronzer in a low dim lighted room? That’s just asking for splotchy or uneven places.
- Ask a spouse, friend to get your back or back legs, etc., or to see if they think it is applied evenly.
- Get a shade that is complimentary to your skin tone.
- This bronzer comes in a lotion and spray and moisturizes and nourishes skin.
What Bronzer will you be trying?
Have you tried Younique products before and have a favorite?
*This Younique Beachfront Bronzer was given to me in exchange for a review, but all opinions are mine alone, and while I am a Younique makeup user regularly all opinions on this products are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands or businesses that support my blog.
Now for “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” link up
Rachel is a former full time preschool special education teacher turned full time stay-at- home mom of four children with a passion for substitute teaching and blogging at Garay Treasures on the side. Garay Treasures is a fashion and lifestyle blog with some added posts on faith and everyday treasures. Rachel loves drinking several cups of coffee a day (hot or iced), blogging, and reading and playing with her children.
Meet your co-host Osy of Style Diary by Osy:
Now on to the featured 5 bloggers from last week:
Rebecca looks fabulous in this caged dress from Tobi wear.
I loved the inspiration behind the memory bottle décor in this post (as well as Debbie’s outfit).
I was inspired by Alina’s morning routine and outfit and would like to cover a routine or time management post here on the blog soon.
Amy looks stunning in this white and red dress with embroidered detailing and red pom pom heels. Perfect summer dress for all occasions.
Carrie styles this nice summer dress 4 ways to show how sometimes the things in our closets can be used and styled time and time again.
Now it is your turn, please follow the rules below and enjoy!
1). Please link up recent posts and include the link up button or post this URL link back on your blog. The posts can be about fashion, DIY projects, recipes, inspiration, tips, etc. *If you link up other link ups or giveaways please be sure you share this link up on your link up post to share the blog love and I will be sure to link up to yours. Also please follow me in the below social medias and let me know how you are following and I will follow back. Thank you!
3). Stop by and check out the other bloggers who have linked up and be inspired.
4). Have fun! Comment below if you have any questions! Thanks for linking
To link up it would be great if you linked my button to your post that you link up. Get button code below:
Linking up with: Turning Heads Tuesday Lisa, Melissa, Style Me Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday, Sandyalamode, Confident Twosday, Pumps and Push-ups, Thursday Fashion Files, Whitney, Grace, Trend-Spin,Leelo, Michelle, The Mummy Chronicles, Alice, Spotlight Weekly, Top of the World Style, Two Peas in a Blog (Tuesdays), Style Elixir (Tuesdays), The Style Files (Fridays), Elegantly Fashionable, Jaymie, Lauren, Carylee, Rachelle, Cappaccino and Fashion, Book of Leisure, Monica, Carrie, Style Me Weekly, Forage Fashion, Myriad Musings, Jennie, Molly, Cherie, Not dead Yet Style, Clairejustinexoxo, Wednesday Wearables, Fashionably Employed, Posh Classy Mom, Sheela Writes, Daily Style Finds, The Mix (Thursdays)