I am all about simple and cheap meals so when I saw this recipe in a little booklet I own called Our Favorite Cheap &Easy Recipes by Vickie and Joann (read their blog here for more cheap and easy recipes other than what’s in my book) I had to do it. I have actually made this meal for months and each time I make it the kids get more fond of it. So here it is:
- 28 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce (normally I buy the $1-2 jars)
- 4 to 6 frozen breaded chicken patties (about $1.50-$2)
- 4 to 6 slices of provolone cheese (about $3)
- 1 to 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese (about $2.99- $3.99)
- Optional: cooked thin spaghetti (about $1)
Spread sauce in an ungreased 13″X9″ baking pan; arrange frozen chicken patties on top. Place a slice of provolone on top of each patty; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minute. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Serve over cooked spaghetti, if desired.
The below pictures are what I took of the most recent meal. I served the patties with thin spaghetti. The meal is quick, cheap and yummy. *
* All opinions are my own.
Like what I have posted?! You can follow me through these medias: Bloglovin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Linking up with Mary of eatdrink-andbemary.com for Delicious DisTuesday