After having had over a handful of yard sales since being married (or in my lifetime for that matter) I have learned a few tips about how to sell and be successful and thought I would share these along with a few pictures.
– advertise on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even blog if you know a lot of your followers live nearby)
-advertise by craigslist days ahead and use a catchy line/pictures and list items sold.
– post signs on several streets and near main roads listing some items that may sell on the sign. (Change signs as items are sold).
* if certain laws are in your area not to post signs on posts near main roads then park a car with the yard sale sign or advertisement near the main road.
– organize clothes by size/kids sizes and by gender.
– organize ahead of time how to present clothes. It is often better to hang up some of the high end clothes on a rack or rope as we do and sell them for $3 or more dollars each.
– set aside a table or rack of $1 clothing or items.
– sell other clothing items for .50 or more.
-set prices ahead of time and negotiate what the item will come down to.
– place similiar items together (electronics, books, baby items, toys).
Location is key:
– find out what sells best in a certain area or in your neighborhood. We have learned from doing yard sales in different locations what sells best for the population of that area. For example one area tends to have book buying or furniture buyers, another clothes.
– need babysitting, figure out arrangements and get the kids taken care of so things go smoother and your not worried about parent duties the whole time.
– have other people sell with you (they can advertise on their social medias and friends as well).
– some company is more pleasant than none in some cases.
– place similiar items in a box (if holding another yard sale).
– donate items or trash
There you go a few tips. One thing I do recommend is staying away from flea markets since these normally don’t bring a lot of revenue, but then again it might depend on what your selling. Also space out yard sales, maybe do one once a month versus every weekend.
what tips do you have for a successful yardsale?
Outfit details: Cardigan: Old Navy (old)//Pink top: Kiera//Pants:motherhood (old)//Flat sandals: Gap (bought from sister Annalise)//Earrings: Charlotte Russe.
Like what I have posted?! You can follow me through these medias: Bloglovin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Linking up with:
Powered by Linky Tools Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…Fun day Monday is a blog hop hosted by Molly and Carly