Thank God tomorrow is Friday, and America’s celebration of Independence. This year my little family, along with some of our friends and family (whom we invited) are going to Massanutten Resort for the week (July 4-11) and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I have been excited for this vacation for months now. It’s going to be fun spending the twins first vacation away from home, but sad to spend away with the rest of our families here on the homefront.
There will still be some posts up though including a guest post, organizing my closet post and a DIY busy bag for toddlers and preschoolers post. However, I don’t plan on having up any outfit posts because I need to keep things real.
In keeping things real there are some things in life that I have not been sharing because I allowed the “outfits” speak or the “reviews” and thrill of “giveaways” speak.
I have let the blog go ahead of itself, instead of putting things up that maybe matter more.
You may be thinking “well this is an outfit post right?” well yes it is but in being real I need to admit some things about the outfit you see. The shirt was from a clothing swap with a best friend recently and is pretty big on me. The jeans you see are my favorite jeans (I wear them in most of my posts) as my other denim jeans flare or are too snug. The sandals are actually my sister Annalise’ (taking the photos here) and the turtle necklace from Mall of Style is turned outside in. Plus it was raining when these were taken, even though you can barely tell.
In reality world, I feel or have done the following:
- Been tired
- Less Patient
- Feeling distracted
- Upset a friend I barely see anymore except at church (it was amended and things forgiven)
- Felt out of control (memory, parenting, daily stuff like keeping a house clean).
- Our coffee maker of 4 years broke Tuesday
- Been missing my days before kids, when it was just my hubby and I or my time in college and ministry.
- Sometimes I just want me time (been feeling it more lately)
- Wanting more help but scared to ask-friends, family, hubby included.
I guess I am just burned out! I need Jesus daily and I don’t go to Him enough. I don’t ask for His help, His wisdom or His comfort. Even in my burn out I know He is here- I just need to make a better effort with realizing it more. He has done so much good for me and this life He has given me. I am so thankful for His saving Grace.
- Getting my teacher’s license renewed (Praise God)
- Twins are walking and busy (and fighting more)
- Xander has peed in his little potty a couple of times
- Nevaeh graduated from preschool
- We started going to our local gym (financially an extra burden, but a needed consistent and social/fun thing for kid as they swim and are in a playroom with other kids as we work out).
- We started “school” or “learning activities” with Nevaeh and Xander since Nevaeh got out of school and take “field trips” on Fridays. *Post on this soon.
- I have won 5 giveaways recently (hey other than blogging, entering giveaways is another hobby).
- Trying to learn to take it easy and get a nap when I can.
God is good and I hope I can continue to be real with you guys. I am sorry I have not done so lately.
Now it’s your turn to be real, what are some good or not so good things you would like to share? Do you need any prayer? You can comment below or e-mail me at Rachel.email@example.com and while I am on vacation I will be sure to get back to you. Also you can catch up with me on instagram here to see photos of our adventures, and don’t forget to enter the Avon 3 piece jewelry set giveaway in the Rafflecopter link below.
Have a blessed 4th of July, stay blessed and safe. God Bless,
Avon 3 piece jewelry set giveaway enter below: (USA residents only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Outfit details: Shirt: Faded Glory (gift-swap)//Pants: DKNY Jeans//Sandals: Tommy Hilfiger (sisters)//Purse:Michael Kors (gift)//Necklace: Mall of Style
Whitney with Personal Style Monday.
Monday Bloom with dcinstyle.com